Break the Silence have representation, membership, involvement and relationships with a number of partnerships, groups, forums, networks and organisations across Ayrshire and nationally.
We actively represent Survivors on the following key fora;
- East and North Ayrshire Health & Social Care Providers Groups
- Domestic Violence Forum
- Gender Based Violence & Learning Disability Planning Group
- HMP Prison Kilmarnock – Stakeholders Group
- Homeless Forum
- Violence Against Women Partnership East & North Ayrshire
- Scottish Government Parliamentary Cross-party Group for Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
We work closely with other Survivor agencies to share learning, knowledge and expertise when appropriate.
In addition, we actively participate in meetings, activities and events to raise awareness and promote equality for Survivors, engaging in many multi-agency partnerships and working in collaboration where appropriate and beneficial.
We’ve also had the pleasure of engaging with pupils from Auchenharvie Academy, Auchinleck Academy, James Hamilton Academy and Kilwinning Academy on the Youth Philanthropy Initiative, an active citizenship programme that raises awareness amongst young people about philanthropy and their local community, principally managed by The Wood Foundation.